Another disturbing (but also sadly funny) article about unethical behavior: RJ Ellory, Author, Caught Writing Fake Amazon Reviews For Books.
Here’s the Cliff’s Notes if you don’t have time to read whole article:
- Authors write glowing reviews for their own books on Amazon.com.
- Authors write damning reviews for the books of their competitors.
- This happens so often there’s a term for it: sock-puppeting.
- The best pseudonym an award-winning author could come up with was “Nicodemus Jones.”
- That same author, who writes crime novels by the way, got caught because he used his own name too many times.